NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

It Arrived!

Yamez

My 17mm Baader Hyperion Ep arrived today and it looks excellent, the build quality also feels great. Cannot wait to start using this! I'm also going to get a UHC-S filter (1.25") to improve the views of nebulae.

20160724_191035.jpg

21 minutes ago, John said:

Congratulations - they are nicely made eyepieces :icon_biggrin:

What scope will you be using it with ?

I'm using the Skywatcher Explorer 130P, it's my first ever scope and have only had it since Christmas. This is my first big purchase into an eyepiece and am pleased with it so far. Not going to be clear tonight but will clear up in the morning so i will use it to look at the morning moon.

Hello Yamez, Nice looking eyepiece. Is it for a refractor or reflector Yamez? . You will have to give us a bit of feedback how you find the quality of this eyepiece in your particular scope. May help other members considering one.

By the way Yamez , I don't know if anybody told you but it is mandatory to have a can of beans next to the eyepiece photo on SGL so the members can get an idea of scale? 

20 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Hello Yamez, Nice looking eyepiece. Is it for a refractor or reflector Yamez? . You will have to give us a bit of feedback how you find the quality of this eyepiece in your particular scope. May help other members considering one.

By the way Yamez , I don't know if anybody told you but it is mandatory to have a can of beans next to the eyepiece photo on SGL so the members can get an idea of scale? 

It's a Newtonian Reflector and  i tried the ep out this morning on the moon but i can't say anything yet as i t used it at night and the test time was about 10 minutes before the clouds rolled in.

20160725_152906.jpg

Quite a big EP i must say :)

So - it's an F/5 130mm FL-650mm Newtonian. I'll be looking forward to your findings. I have just about a full set of the Hyperions. They are very nice eyepieces! They must be - I usually buy different ones from different manufacturers. Rarely more than 2 or 3 of any given series.

Enjoy!

Dave

1 hour ago, spaceboy said:

Congratulations on the new eyepiece. I had the 17, 21, 24mm Hyperions with the tuning rings https://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-planetarium/baader-hyperion-finetuning-ring.html offering me numerous focal length combinations.

Ah yes, I've heard and seen the tuning rings and was thinking of investing in them :)

Archived