SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Two for the price of one......

Tim

I saw a Ha version of this taken in the late 90's somewhere or other, and wanted to capture the same shot myself as soon as it became practical.

Being connected with Cassiopeia this area is still a little low down while the sky is dark, but I took a fair few subs.

The sheer number of stars is mind boggling, they almost make the glob disappear.

At any rate, it is The Bubble Nebula with M52.

http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/image/6997_large.jpeg

6996_large.jpeg

Aye! Its A1 at Lloyds that one TJ. It's full of stars alright, and the Bubble stands ot well in the biggy version.

Are you gonna keep it secret how you come by this image?

Like Camera Lights Action and all the other ingredients. :)

Ron. :lol:

Details usually supplied on the uka site Ron, but this was taken thru the WO72, 22 x 180-360 secs @iso800.

Actually took about 40 shots but it was too light on many of them.

I'm gonna do this shot again I think when it gets higher in the sky, theres a shedload of nebulosity up that area.

TJ

Lovely and wide and certainly an amazing number of stars to be seen! I think this is one of the aspect of imaging that I find so fascinating - just how many stars there are out there and the naked eye just sees a few hundred.

Archived