Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

assembling solar filter

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There would be absolutely nothing rude about it  ,  he sold you a 'scope with a solar filter included in the package deal  ,  fact remains that the filter he supplied is the incorrectly sized filter for that 'scope and therefore the onus is on him to replace it with the correct one.

I am however assuming that you bought the package from a dealership/shop and not from a private individual ... ?

If it was from a dealer I suggest you post a link to their website .

A reputable dealer will be happy to get one that will fit, or refund the cost so you can get one from a different dealer. If he's a good dealer - he'd welcome this news so he can stop supplying the telescope with the wrong filter. Otherwise - he'll possibly blind a customer. And that would give a reputation no one in business wants: 'Buy From Me & Go Blind!'

And for reference, it takes only 1/200th of a second to cause serious damage to a human eye if viewing the Sun through a telescope without a filter. And the human eye's blink-defence takes 1/20th of a second to happen.

Keep us posted, please? Thank you -

Dave

Archived