Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 300D and ED80

Ant

This shot taken last night.

Guided using a Toucam and 6" F5, image taken through the ED80 (F6.9) Prime focus.

This is 39 x 4 minutes ISO 800, Darks from a previous night. Can't remember how to do flats and Bias... :)

I was really hoping that this would be better than this but maybe I need to spend more time processing...

Stacked in DSS, curves / levels etc in CS2

6961_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

Not bad at all. Nice combination there tween the ed80 and 300d and tracking looks good too. Would be helped by a flat though methinks!

Anthony

Cheers :) What's a flat again?

Not bad at all. Nice combination there tween the ed80 and 300d and tracking looks good too. Would be helped by a flat though methinks!

Anthony

Cheers :) What's a flat again?

I think it's what our American members would call an apartment....... or is it condo.......... Anyway Ant,it seems you need one!

CW

I know what to do with it... You tell DSS where it is and let it get on with it :)

How you get them though is beyond me, I know how to get either a flat or bias - don't know which... :lol:

Ant

Theres a lot that's good in that image Ant. The tracking is obviously going well and you've got a lot of data. I think it is slightly over stretched, M27 is a bit too bright, the stars are saturating and the sky is starting to glow. Did you stretch with levels alone or did you use curves as well.

I'd be interested in having a play if you were able to upload it somewhere.

I used levels, curves, brigtness and contrast. Probably a few other buttons as well.

Now that I'm starting to get better data - I need to learn the processing side of things.

I've just received a revised edit from Martin (sorry about the big emails). It looks way better than it did before. Cheers for that mate!

7003_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

Archived