NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn and Mars

Hi all not been around for a while, but last night i set up the evostar for a look at the planets. although low in the sky i was pretty happy to see both Saturn and Mars using the celestron x-cel 8mm. i did try using the 2x barlow but it made the seeing a bit wobbly. lovely night spent with the family looking at the two planets, even the wife thought that Saturn was amazing. all in all glad i got the scope out. cheers guys.

Hi. Nice to hear some people are getting some clear Sky's? . Absolutely terrible seeing conditions in my part of the world at the moment. I did get some really good views of Saturn last week , and Mars also. But Jupiter has been the best performer a few week's back ,has been cracking at times high  up and a joy to get some detail out of. But Saturn is always my favorite(my first planet I ever discovered with a telescope) there is just something magical about the structure of Saturn?  

Archived