Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Live with ASI178m

SkyGibbon

I haven't did EAA much due to many circumstances over the last 6-8 months. But, I did get to try some with my ASI178m a few weeks ago and forgot about the pics until crossing a folder they were in.

Anyways, I did these all on a WO FLT98, white zone, just with a ir/uv cut. They were done on Astrolive USB (ZWO Free Edition). They were adjusted with in program adjustments, but I did resize and sharpen a tad in Fastone is all. I know these are basic targets, but I had never used the software and they seemed the easiest.

NGC4565

10s x 10

Needle Galaxy.jpg

M5

10s x 20

m5-3-2.jpg

M3

10s x 20

m3.jpg

M51

30s x 10

m51-2.jpg

M64

20s x 10

Black Eye Galaxy M64.jpg

I agree, the globs in particular are very sharp. I wonder if there is more information to be had in these captures. The dark point seems to be set to produce a clean background (I do this myself), but is perhaps cutting off some of the fainter areas? Anyway, great results from a white zone!

Martin

Nice captures.

As for the black point cut off - haven't you used gradient removal tool in Astrolive? It looks to be working nice at first sight but when You take a look closely it can trash a portion if not whole object that You were trying to capture :) I have checked that on rosette nebulae - I could pull it out easily from the data but when gradient removal was used it just wasn't there anymore :D

1 hour ago, MrOD said:

Nice captures.

As for the black point cut off - haven't you used gradient removal tool in Astrolive? It looks to be working nice at first sight but when You take a look closely it can trash a portion if not whole object that You were trying to capture :) I have checked that on rosette nebulae - I could pull it out easily from the data but when gradient removal was used it just wasn't there anymore :D

Yea, it was my first go with the program. I tried that , along with sharpening. Way to strong of a sharpen. 

Archived