NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and first light with the PGR Flea 3 mono

Aussie Dave

First of all a Big thanks goes out to John for helping me out with some installation woes and general tips for Firecapture. Thanks heaps cobber :thumbsup:

Conditions for the hour I was out earlier tonight testing the PGR Flea 3 mono for the first time were average which worsened within that hour. My best capture for the night was the first video. Hopefully next time the weather's clear I can get some better data to work with.

Imaged with the Celestron Nexstar 8i and the 2" Bintel 2x ED Barlow.

6000 frames stacked in AS!2 from a total of 13368, wavelets in RS6 and finished off in PDN.

Jup_185711_g5_b3_ap1 Fl3 Test 6000f.png

Jup_185711_g5_b3_ap1 Fl3 Test 6000f PDN2 Resize.png

• 3 weeks later...

Dave that mono flI is awesome , you grabbed some great detail my friend. I've added Pipp to my workflow using the debayering and I'm, really liking it but, I can't seem to find my groove again. I've been doing poorly dumping all that I work on lately.  What is pdn ? I  cam"? I can't get my firecapture to work , it just won't connect to the cam, what am I doing wrong?

On 18/06/2016 at 06:25, stepping beyond said:

Dave that mono flI is awesome , you grabbed some great detail my friend. I've added Pipp to my workflow using the debayering and I'm, really liking it but, I can't seem to find my groove again. I've been doing poorly dumping all that I work on lately.  What is pdn ? I  cam"? I can't get my firecapture to work , it just won't connect to the cam, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks all.

Thanks SB. Many an imaging night I've lost my groove, most recently 2 nights back. It's all part of the fun... if you'd like to call it that :) I have other words for it. Over the last couple of weeks I've been deleting 10's of GB's of poor data.

PDN is PaintDotNet a free image editor , it's in my sig. It's not as feature rich as Paintshop but I've been using it for years and I'm familiar with it. It has an acceptable sharpen feature as well as 2 de-noise features, levels, layers etc. Depending on what operating system you use, there's many add-ons although very few for AP work.

I'm not sure if Firecapture will be compatible with some of your cameras. If a couple of yours are plug and play devices without drivers, you may be able to connect via webcam button down the bottom after it's started. If they are driver dependent then I'm not sure if a some of yours would work as Firecapture is designed for specific cameras. Your QHY should work on the QHY button. You may want to try SharpCap, that's quite good too.

Hope you nut it out soon mate. Looking forward too seeing more of your work.

• 1 month later...

Dave , It's been absolutely horrible @ night and the days are even worse. Dog Days of Carolina Summer are here till mid September . I've been using Sharpcap for years but, I downloaded a newer version than what I'm accustomed and with the nights I've been having , I just can't get my mojo working or even a break of good weather . I want to learn the stacking feature 2.8 has and save some time in this boiling heat. Only time will tell if I can get it going before Mars and Saturn have past the point of no return {In the trees}. Small windows to collect some good data of Mars but, Cassiopeia and the Wizard are getting into position soon and that's what I want to get collected next.

Archived