NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera Control Software

Andyb90

Hi Everyone,

I've been happily using APT to control my 600D for several months, but after a recent windows update I can no longer select an imaging plan. I've tried to resolve the issue and posted in the software section and the APT forum. But unfortunately no luck :-(

So now I'm looking for alternative software to control my camera. Would also be good if it can control a CCD too as eventually I want to upgrade.

I was thinking maybe SGPro as it seems to offer a lot of features for the $99 price tag.

Any recommendations on software would be gratefully recieved.

Andy.

16 minutes ago, Andyb90 said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been happily using APT to control my 600D for several months, but after a recent windows update I can no longer select an imaging plan. I've tried to resolve the issue and posted in the software section and the APT forum. But unfortunately no luck :-(

So now I'm looking for alternative software to control my camera. Would also be good if it can control a CCD too as eventually I want to upgrade.

I was thinking maybe SGPro as it seems to offer a lot of features for the $99 price tag.

Any recommendations on software would be gratefully recieved.

Andy.

I know it's only limited to Canon DSLRs but have you tried BackyardEOS?

I did a couple of system restores to confirm the issue was caused by the update, but then unfortunately my restore point disappeared so I can't roll back now :-(

I managed to un-install the update, but still get the issue.

IVO recommended I check the drivers, which I did and they're all up to date.

So I think the only other option would be to re-install Windows, but I've got ASCOM, EQMOD, CDC, PHD2, AstroTortilla etc all set-up and working so I'm not really keen on starting over :-(

The worst part is the update relates to Windows 10 compatibility, so not really important.

I've now disabled auto updates and I'm only installing the critical ones.

Andy.

APT appears to be working again now. I used my laptop last night and thought I'd check it just in case. I was able to load and image plans as normal. :icon_biggrin:

Hopefully it will continue to work. Although I'm a bit puzzled as to why it is okay now as I haven't changed anything.

Andy.

Archived