NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

camera FOV in Cartes du Ciel

alacant

Hi everyone

I put my camera into CDC and can see the rectangle it gives. It seems that the default orientetion is with the camera's long axis at right angles to the telescope focuser knobs, what I'd call portrait. Is there any method for rotating the CDC rectangle to be able to frame a little better?

TIAfov.JPG

Can anyone confirm my camera orientation theory corresponding to 0.0º in CDC? I think it's with the camera at 90º to the focussing knobs.

Assuming an equatorial mount and a refractor then 0.0º (i.e. with the long edge of the sensor aligned with the RA axis)  then the camera will be at 90º to the focussing knobs.

On 17/05/2016 at 19:35, alacant said:

Thanks. Can anyone confirm my camera orientation theory corresponding to 0.0º in CDC? I think it's with the camera at 90º to the focussing knobs.

Cheers and Clear skies

It depends on the order that you enter the sensor dimensions into CDC. I.e. bigger or smaller first. CDC does not know whether your camera is landscape or portrait ?

Archived