Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Short exposure but good detailed image of the Omega Cen

I like it. You managed to show stars down to the core, have nice star shapes around and an even background. I think you might try to boost colour saturation some to show more star colour. Can you share more capturing details (number of subs, exposure time, equipment used)?

4 hours ago, wimvb said:

I like it. You managed to show stars down to the core, have nice star shapes around and an even background. I think you might try to boost colour saturation some to show more star colour. Can you share more capturing details (number of subs, exposure time, equipment used)?

Yes why not, it's a total of 30x10sec subs on an ioptron tracker. 5darks 5flats and 5bias stacked in DSS and post processed in photoshop 

Varad 

Beautiful job. I'm useless at globs!

If you haven't already, have a go at creating a duplicate layer, convert the duplicate's blending Mode to Colour and then increase saturation - to increase star colour - might not work as I'm pants at Processing! You can also do a Gaussian Blur on it. Then flatten the image.

Alexxx

Archived