Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another go at M101

RSM

Two nights of imaging on Friday and Saturday night resulted in 64 x 6 minute subs. Processed with and without flats - must have a problem with my flats as version without has sharper detail in the galaxy core. Spent quite a while this afternoon processing to get the image below. Very happy with this one. Interested to hear any comments from the other imagers out there. Fingers crossed for some more clear nights around full moon. Stacked and processed in PI with bias and dark calibration frames.

M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy 29th & 30th April 2016 (no flats) v2.png

17 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Good job!  Nice colours as well.  Looking at the spikes on your stars I think your collimation is slightly out. Don't let that detract from your fabulous image though.  Well done!

Thanks for the kind comments. It's been a while since I checked collimation, I'll take a look later this week when the clouds are due to roll in again (just in one for new moon). 

Archived