NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up - GRS and shadow transit - NOW (29th Feb)

Stu

It was a bit of a surprise here John. Just popped out to put the rabbits to bed, and saw clear sky! The Tak was out already under cover from solar observing so it was a quick job to be up and running. GRS and shadow were also completely unexpected, but very clear.

Rain showers coming in now so am packed away again....

20 minutes ago, chiltonstar said:

Just caught it with the grab 'n go between showers, clouds etc. Fabulous.

Chris

Excellent, glad you saw it Chris. It's been a while since I caught a shadow, incredibly black and sharp tonight.

Raining here now....

I noticed a gap between the 'orribles just before they were due to exit the disc according to Skysafari, setup in double quick time and guess what - gap gone. Most annoyed. Plenty more opportunities to be had I'm sure though. Glad you chaps had good views though.

Got it here. But misty, but I love shadow transits. The shadows are incredibly distinct. Always nice when the GRS accompanys  them. Best at about x140, although I usually like bigger when I can. 

Archived