Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge

John

Yes, that's correct - the Baader is 2" and the Lunt 1.25" so I need filters of both size. If the polarising filter works well on the Lunt I might buy a 2" one so that I don't have to disassemble the Baader wedge to change the brightness. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that I have an ND0.9 kicking about somewhere. Will have to give it a whirl.

DRT - Sorry that the SC isn't working out. Interesting to read about your experiments. TBF, I have never looked through my Lunt 1.25 wedge without one. Although I did try it with two once and that didn't work too well.... Hense having the spare one.

Paul

13 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

I'm pretty sure that I have an ND0.9 kicking about somewhere. Will have to give it a whirl.

DRT - Sorry that the SC isn't working out. Interesting to read about your experiments. TBF, I have never looked through my Lunt 1.25 wedge without one. Although I did try it with two once and that didn't work too well.... Hense having the spare one.

Paul

No apology necessary, Paul. I like the SC filters and I'm very pleased with it but my little experiment suggests they benefit from a little help in dimming the image :wink: 

17 minutes ago, DRT said:

No apology necessary, Paul. I like the SC filters and I'm very pleased with it but my little experiment suggests they benefit from a little help in dimming the image :wink: 

Good. Ha is calling. So I had betting stop spending on the White Light.....

Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Good. Ha is calling. So I had betting stop spending on the White Light.....

Paul

You should not deny the will of the Ha gods - they are the true light and once you learn to follow them your white light will serve as a useful finder scope :wink:

Archived