JemC

Had a go at these two on the 20th but only just got round to putting on pc,

Taken with

Skywatcher 130P-DS
Canon Eos 450d
iso 800
16 x 60sec exposure
run through DSS

Thinking i need more data :happy7:and would be better when the moon is not about,

cigar.jpg

Regards

The moon is a real galaxy killer. I wont shoot any LRGB above 1/4 moon & it has to be far away from the target. I will happily image HA at 3/4 moon but again the moon's positions vs target is a consideration. Most of the recent HA I took for M101 was shot with a bright moon.

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Nice catch, despite the moon. The image seems without colour. I would have expected the stars to show colour at least. You may want to check this thread:

Thanks for that link,
Had a read through it, must be something i'm doing as they are definitely colour in camera and before any processing ? 

3 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

This will be a workflow issue.

It's looking that way Olly,
should be fun trying to figure out what i have done :happy7:
will have to do a step by step through it seeing what changes?

Regards

2 minutes ago, JemC said:

It's looking that way Olly,
should be fun trying to figure out what i have done :happy7:
will have to do a step by step through it seeing what changes?

Regards

The most common issue is setting your image software to greyscale  & not colour. This setting will discard the colour RGB information & give you effectively black & white images. The other issue with colour CCD cameras (not DSLR) is understanding DeBayer- it was initially a mystery to me why my one shot colour CCD camera gave me no colour- I was expecting instant colour pictures- oh dear I had much to learn!:hiding:

Archived