NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 16-4-16

Colinlp

Hi Colin,

A great picture. I'm a total novice at imaging and I also took a picture of Jupiter last night. Mine was nowhere near as good as yours but at least I could see the great red spot. I'd be grateful if you could give a little more detail of how you made the picture and what kind of processing you used. My picture was taken at prime focus with my canon EOS 450D and then processed with PIPP followed by registax6.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks all, still a beginner but really enjoying this new part of the hobby, loads to learn and one day perhaps I might get a really good image, I will of course keep trying

3 hours ago, woodblock said:

Hi Colin,

A great picture. I'm a total novice at imaging and I also took a picture of Jupiter last night. Mine was nowhere near as good as yours but at least I could see the great red spot. I'd be grateful if you could give a little more detail of how you made the picture and what kind of processing you used. My picture was taken at prime focus with my canon EOS 450D and then processed with PIPP followed by registax6.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

The camera was a ZWO ASI224MC CMOS camera with a ES 2x focal extender to bring the scope to F20, I had a ZWO IR cut filter in there too. The avi was 3000 frames in size, about 2 minutes worth, stacked in Registax6 ( for some reason Norton decided to remove Autostakrt last night) using the best 10% of frames. Wavelets and RGB align applied followed by a little bit of denoise in photoshop as I got a little over enthusiastic with the wavelets again

Archived