Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Extension Tube for Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece

Gina

Thinking of having a go at observing - particularly planetary - I tried my Baader Hyperion zoom eyepiece on my MN190.  Couldn't get focus - needed the eyepiece further out so I've designed and 3D printed an extension tube.  Here are some photos.

Baader Zoom Extension Tube 01.jpgBaader Zoom Extension Tube 02.jpgBaader Zoom Extension Tube 03.jpg

Looks very useful Gina ;-)

You probably already know but... if you type '100s' immediately after drawing your circle you get 100 sides (or however many you want) to get a smoother circle without the steps? OK, I thought you did ;-)

ChrisH

Have to get some more matt black paint - spray can has run out.

Checked focussing range on distant tree and it's fine, so I'm all set up for observing tonight if clear as forecast :)

Had a brief chance to try it last night and it was just right :)  Just a few minutes before the clouds rolled in and stayed until I went to bed at about 11pm.  Weather forecast showed clear all night - ha flipping ha!!!

Had a brief chance to try it last night and it was just right :)  Just a few minutes before the clouds rolled in and stayed until I went to bed at about 11pm.  Weather forecast showed clear all night - ha flipping ha!!!

Archived