NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Registax 6 issue

astrotyke

Hi there people :)

Does anyone else have issues with registax 6 on windows 10? If i attempt to stack an avi with a file size of around 1gig, all i get is a black image, with some white areas!  so, ill provide a better image when im home tonight, but if i choose a smaller size file its generally ok.

Has anyone seen something like this before? I like registax as a program but it seems to be a bit flaky recently with large avi files.  Ive got 8gig of ram in the laptop so its not running out of ram. Maybe its a windows 10 thing? Other programs like avi stack can read the avi files ok.

Any ideas?

thanks

Chris

Yea i noticed it hadnt been developed. I wondered if there was a setting somewhere that id missed for larger files. I seem to remeber readng something about such a setting but I was convinced it was for files larger than 2gig in size.

I might try running it on win XP in a virtual machine and see what it does

52 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

Yea, ive had a go with Autostacker. I just cant seem to get as good results out of it. Maybe i just need more practice with it.

Odd, that. I generally get better results with AS!2. You could also run the AVI through PIPP and let that do a first selection of best frames to reduce the file size

26 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Odd, that. I generally get better results with AS!2. You could also run the AVI through PIPP and let that do a first selection of best frames to reduce the file size

Thanks for that tip, ill have a look at pipp. maybe its the settings in AS2 that i need to tweak.

Archived