NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Time to get serious

roblegion

I love getting into banter on SGL and I realise that my sense of humour is not that of everyone, I do not intend to be offensive or flaunt the rules.

It is time for some seriousness.

I have been in contact with a couple of members, local to me, concerning a half built observatory, (which is in, let's say a no funding situation)

I know, by association one of the owners/trustees, my problem is, I don't feel comfortable approaching him directly.

It pains me greatly that there are two domes, 1 mile from my house rusting away, and repairable.

I would not have any considerable finances to put into this project, but lots of enthusiasm, and building abilities.

SO the bottom line is, do I make a "of myself and say what's going on with the obsy? or do I try to get some locals on board with a united front?

Personally I'd just ask informally what the current status of the observatory is, what needs to be done (both the labour and money involved), and whether there is any possibility to put new life into the project.

There may be very real reasons why this observatory never got off the ground, but equally times change, and the climate may be different. Until you ask, you'll never know!

Thanks guys and gals, looks like I might have to go to the golf club at weekend for a pint. I know the main man involved and he is a lovely chap, I just didn't want to impinge on his space or time, but nothing ventured nothing gained................... he can only tell me where to tee off.

Archived