Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2" SW Star Diagonal

Hello, 

I'm planning on getting the SW 2" diagonal wich has the 1.25" adaptor too.

My plan is to not use the 1.25" adaptor as I'm planning on purchasing some 1.25" Hyperions that slot into a 2" barrel. 

My question is will the view at the EP be different, will I lose FOV by slotting them into a 2" and not into the 1.25" ?

These are the EP's and diagonal 

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-planetarium/baader-hyperion-68-degree-eyepiece.html

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/skywatcher-di-electric-star-diagonal.html

Hi there, what sort of telescope do you have, I ask because Baader Hyperions are not very good in fast scopes (f/5 and similar)?  The Baader Hyperions are basically 1.25" ep's, using them in a 2" diagonal adds nothing to their AFoV.

The Hyperions are 1.25" eyepieces whether you use the 1.25" barrel or the 2" barrel section machined into the lower body. The view is not affected. The point at which they reach focus is affected when the 2" barrel is used though, and the 1.25" barrel of the Hyperion might contact the mirror of a mirror diagonal - worth checking.

3 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

If you went with a William Optics 2" Dielectric 90° diagonal, these have an added 'lip' in the tube that prevents an eyepiece from contacting the mirror.

Just to let you know,

Dave

Thanks Dave that made have changed the diagonal I'm getting, I thought it may effect where it reaches focus, I remember the old days using extension tubes :)

Archived