Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Battery life

What would you expect the battery life of a Canon 600D to be? I was out last night, I took 30 4 min subs followed by another 20 darks of the same length. The camera only shot 15 because the battery is dead which I was a little surprised at? Is this about right or should I be looking at something else? Thanks guys.

7 hours ago, steviemac500 said:

What would you expect the battery life of a Canon 600D to be? I was out last night, I took 30 4 min subs followed by another 20 darks of the same length. The camera only shot 15 because the battery is dead which I was a little surprised at? Is this about right or should I be looking at something else? Thanks guys.

Hi, my battery on my 600D will go for around the same as yours although I did buy another one for £35 off amazon which I've already found is far better than the one that was supplied with the camera. Granted the camera is 2nd hand so I guess the battery will obviously not be in a 'not as new condition'

I was also going to go with the direct mains adapter but was trying to cut down on the number of cables to trip over and bring the whole setup down in a heap! :hmh:

Before I switched to a mains adapter, I was getting 4-5 hours out of a single battery on my 600D.

There are many places online that sell clone batteries. In my experience, these are very nearly as long-lasting as the official batteries but at about one quarter of the price ;)

Archived