Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The sky was clear for a change last night and I decided to see if I could get anywhere with the SC1 webcam.

So here's my first foray out of the solar system; Albireo taken with my Skywatcher 130PM, LX modded SPC900NC, 5 x 12 second subs and 5 dark frames. Not so much processed as thrown together in Deep Sky Stacker and some tweaking in Paint Shop Pro. Any processing hints, tips and tweaks will be gratefully received.

6679_normal.jpeg

Ian

Nice one Ian, although the stars colours may have been better captured without the long exposure. I first imaged this with the unmodded Toucam and the yellow/blue came out very well, although I don't think I got the background stars.

Perhaps a composite is calling. :grin:

Thanks for the tip Tony, I may have a go at a composite next time, I think the double looks nice against a background of a few stars.

Cheers,

Ian

How long have you had the SC1 Ian? I bet you're gagging for some dark, clear nights.:-)

I did the mod back in March;

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,23726.0.html

I didn't think I'd be able to get more than a couple of seconds using the EQ2 so I hadn't tried the cam until last night. I was quite surprised - I managed about 40 x 15 seconds on M57 after trying it out on Albireo, I'll post my attempt when I've had a bash at processing it tonight.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Martin, the EQ6 should open up a whole bunch of new objects for me to try imaging, hopefully I'll have it by September / October ready for the long dark nights :grin:

Thanks Ian, I've just download the list of 100 easy doubles from the link in Gaz's post of Oct 06 so hopefully I'll get a chance to work through a few of those in the future.

Cheers,

Ian

Archived