Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 150p eq3-2 unboxing pictures

According to FLO's clear outside app there is a chance for early birds to nab Saturn or Mars at around 5am on Easter Sunday morning. Ain't holding out too much hope, but I'll set my alarm for 4:45am and have a peek outside and see how it is. Would like to get a view of Mars & Saturn. Seems to have been ages since I last saw them! :) Here's hoping! 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/03/2016 at 12:35, Astro Imp said:

Great pics, takes me back a bit to my un-boxing.

Removing the finder shouldn't affect alignment.

One thing you might consider, after balancing the scope mark the counterweight bar and dovetail with low tack tape. This will make setting up next time easier.

Good luck and enjoy.

I found that using my fingers help.

I balanced the scope and weight and used my fingers..

my weight is 2 fingers from the end of the bar and scope ballanced at 1 hand 1 finger from the clamp rings to the sky watcher writing..

On 25/03/2016 at 13:19, Knighty2112 said:

Glad you got the photos up at last. Looks a great starter scope. Wish I'd gone for this one over the Celestron Astromaster 130 EQM I got which is not the best scope in the world alas. Now, we just need some nice clear, still nights up in East Yorkshire to enjoy the views! :) 

Don't say that ? I just got a skywatcher 130 with eq2 mount... don't want to think I bought a dud ? 

I have this setup aswell. Its great.

Motors were the firat upgrade to the mount.

I also have a bresser exos goto, but for a quick get out and look or plantery imaging the eq 3 wins all the time

Archived