NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Software glitches

MartinB

Moon gazing last night and attempted some imaging with the Toucam. Still to reinstall K3CCDtools having recently reformatted laptop so was using phillips vrecord. Then processing in Registax v3

I use a file called "latest image" as the capture file and this 200mb. I set a capture limit of 60 secs. sometimes after completion of the capture the window goes green and it is impossible to get the camera to work again without a reboot.

I was setting at 10fps and 1/250 or 1/500 shutter speed. the software kept defaulting to 15fps. I set the fps in the video properties and under capture format. Filming Saturn the other night is also kept reverting to some default settings. All the auto options were turned off.

Processing in Registax continues to be a major headache for me. The main problem is that an error message comes up after processing a variable number of frames - typically 200 - 250 - stating "AVI frame could not be decompressed". After this Registax will not continue the alignment.

So far the only way I have managed to get an image is to select the 1st 60 frames (all I had time to manually select last night).

I am thinking of trying v2 which some people prefer.

Am I the only one to have these problems?

Does anyone have any suggestions

Martin

Mrtin,

I think the problem could be the wrong colour scope 8).

I had similar problems with mine untill I uninstalled the Phillips software and then re-installed it after installing R/Stax..

Greg

Martin

I used to get the same error on decompression when I took video with my fuji camera.

You need to downlaod VirtualDub and open the AVI file and then save it as an old AVI file (Ctrl F7 I think). This fixed my problem with registax.

Cheers

Ian

Ian, you are an absolute gem! Long may your doubles measure :lol::( :sunny: :sunny:

It works a treat. I had downloaded virtual dub already - to get rid of all the frames after the point where registax choked but now I can use the full frame set. Virtual Dub is a great piece of free software for selecting frames. Might also be useful for adjusting contrast etc pre processing but haven't tried that yet.

Thanks a lot mate.

Martin

Used K3ccdtools last night - a massive improvement. No hassel setting up and naming capture files - all done automatically. Registax has no problems with the AVIs. Joy! :lol::(:p. Everything so easy to control.

Martin

Archived