Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 17/3/16

mikeDnight

Another lovely sketch Mike ??. I'm getting some shorter focal length eyepieces for my binoviewers today so hopefully will be able to get some better planetary detail with them.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Another lovely sketch Mike ??. I'm getting some shorter focal length eyepieces for my binoviewers today so hopefully will be able to get some better planetary detail with them.

Hi Stu,

I hope your new piccy's work well for you. I'd been using 16.8mm Kson orthoscopics until a couple of weeks ago. Then after paulastro came round to observe with me, he decided he wanted them back. They were his after all and I had had them on loan for at least three years. I loved the Kson's so much I thought I'd buy some ortho's to replace them, so I bought a couple of pairs of Fujiyama HD orthoscopics. Sadly I didn't quite gel with them as they were intolerant of even the slightest off axis viewing, and the reflection of Jupiter from my eye back onto the eye lens drove me potty, hence the acquisition of a pair of 18mm LE's. Paul called round to observe the double transit on Jupiter a couple of nights ago and brought his Ksons with him. I was pleased to see the more comfortable LE's also offered an easier, more detailed view of Jupiter's cloud belts in my 100mm F7.4 than the 16.8mm Ksons did in his 100mm F9 SW ED. Serves him right!

Mike

Archived