Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

atik 414mono white out

Scott

I was out last night and after starting a imaging run I went inside. came out 30 min later to check and all the subs were white. can anyone suggest a a cause or perhaps a way to check whether it's camera or software related. they were ten minute subs.

heres a 10 sec framing sub

mak0.jpg.d8e12d50eb26326194af77e590174fc

and this is a 10 min capture

Mak_413br0.thumb.jpg.8b23c992612943aeb01

any advice much appreciated. I'm REALLY hoping its a senior moment. :)

4 minutes ago, Tinker1947 said:

That will be the Moon light, i normally do 20 minutes exposures on Moonless evenings, drops to 3 minutes on a Full Moon, nothing wrong with the 414EX mine does the same thing......

I hope you're right but even 5 mins were completely whited out. I'll try the ha tonight if the chance arises :)

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to check if there is a problem - Take the counts in the background of your 10 sec exposure, subtract the rough bias count (a couple of hundred like my ATK314?) and multiply by 30 and 60. This should be your counts in the 5 and 10min exposure which sounds like it  is probably well beyond the saturation level.  

Robin

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

What capture software are you using ? I've had this happen using Maxim and Atik 314L but not using Artemis Capture.

Dave

Dave, I'm using Artemis. I had a run out with the Ha the other night with not too bad results so I can only think it was either too light polluted (I find this hard to believe as I've used these setting before) or the laptop decided to throw a wobbly :)

Archived