Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD2 too many steps

There are a huge number of settings in PHD2. Better to post your log file, which lists them all out, for analysis and comment.

Tell us about your setup and calibration process. That's usually where things go awry.

You can stick your guide scope focal length and camera pixel size in PHD and it will recommend some settings, alternately just set the step size really low or really high to see what happens, make sure you're not on a hot pixel.

Dave

Use the calculator in the brain to get the right step size. What are you using as the pixel size? With FL 175 and pixel 3.75um I get a different pixel scale from what you have in the log. Using the calculator I get a step size of 1250ms but you are using much bigger numbers (presumably to get a response).

Where is the star are you guiding on? The log reports 0 degrees declination. Is that right?

5 minutes ago, kens said:

Use the calculator in the brain to get the right step size. What are you using as the pixel size? With FL 175 and pixel 3.75um I get a different pixel scale from what you have in the log. Using the calculator I get a step size of 1250ms but you are using much bigger numbers (presumably to get a response).

Where is the star are you guiding on? The log reports 0 degrees declination. Is that right?

not sure what this means

What is the declination of the star you are guiding on for calibration. PHD thinks it is at Dec 0 which is the celestial equator. Is that where you are really pointing? What does EQMOD say. (Presumably it also says Dec 0)

1 minute ago, kens said:

What is the declination of the star you are guiding on for calibration. PHD thinks it is at Dec 0 which is the celestial equator. Is that where you are really pointing? What does EQMOD say. (Presumably it also says Dec 0)

+47

So next question is why does PHD2 think its Dec 0? It should be reading from the mount. 

Take us through the steps you take to set up and star calibrating.

Archived