Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter SW Pro Mak150 and webcam

Aussie Dave

Conditions a couple of nights ago were on the better side of average. I shouldn't of bothered but I've been itching to capture some more planetary and test out Sharpcap. Visually I could see the two central cloud bands and the Great Red Spot but little else with detail drifting in and out of sharpness with the edge of Jupiter being a constantly changing irregular round shape. Still waiting for excellent conditions.

This is the first time I've captured some detail in Jupiter and 2 moons that have clearly shown up in the same video and after pre-processing. I had some serious issues with the edge of Jupiter and detail with my poor data and conditions. All 4 moons were on the left hand side and I was underexposed with settings as I wanted to get the two closest moons on the sensor and my colour and saturation is still out. Software used Autostakkert!2, Registax6, PaintDotNet, FotoSketcher and Pixlr-o-matic.

Taken with Logitech C100 CMOS webcam, newly installed Sharpcap capture software and the Skywatcher Pro 150, manual tracking.

56cd676872364_Drizzle15_01_21_47_g6_b3_a

56cd67d17b6ab_Drizzle15_01_21_47_g6_b3_a

56cd684181418_Drizzle15_01_21_47_g6_b3_a

56cd685db7e71_Drizzle15_01_21_47_g6_b3_a

56cd68e1d69ea_Drizzle15_01_39_43_g5_b3_a

56cd694b07091_01_21_47_g6_b3_ap11ASI2RS6

56cd69a6dac2b_JupiterFinalASI2RS6PDNPSAn

Thanks guys.

7 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

Hi Dave. U have got some good shots there.

Sharp Cap, does take a bit of working out.

It is not as easy as what it looks, this imaging

lark, especially with manual tracking. U have

done well there mate.  :icon_salut:

Steve.

Steve I've always had problems getting correct settings. What looks good when capturing looks completely different after processing although it's not my main concern atm. The main problem is conditions which is out of my control. A thought popped in to my head tonight, maybe I should just pack up and move to another country!

If I don't get one night of very good conditions on Jupiter before it passes, there's always Saturn that's not too far behind.

10 minutes ago, Aussie Dave said:

Thanks guys.

Steve I've always had problems getting correct settings. What looks good when capturing looks completely different after processing although it's not my main concern atm. The main problem is conditions which is out of my control. A thought popped in to my head tonight, maybe I should just pack up and move to another country!

If I don't get one night of very good conditions on Jupiter before it passes, there's always Saturn that's not too far behind.

I dare say I could find a room for U here, in good old Blighty. The main problem here is the cold,

& the rain. U would soon want to go back home mate.:clouds2: Believe U me.

Archived