Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ Direct HEQ5 problem

Daniel-K

You should be able to find the COM number it you look in the Windows/System Manager/Ports, they show up in the Printer section.....the Power LED flashes normally when its not got enough volts needs to be between 11 and 15 the higher the better.......

5 minutes ago, Tinker1947 said:

You should be able to find the COM number it you look in the Windows/System Manager/Ports, they show up in the Printer section.....the Power LED flashes normally when its not got enough volts needs to be between 11 and 15 the higher the better.......

It only flashes when I plug the EQ Dirct in. It's running off the mains so plenty of power.

I've tried finding it manually and still says not found. 

For some reason it's tring to find it in com3 when just the other night it was com16 nither will work.

1 minute ago, Scott said:

are you plugging the eqdir straight into the pc or are you using an extn or hub? mine only wants to play if connected directly into pc

direct into the lappy, ive cleared all the COM ports still wont work. nothing has changed since last time i used it. no updates or anything. its making me wonder if the module has gone

The mount's power led flashing would indicate that the power into the mount is being dragged down .

So possibly something in the EQDir or its cable has gone low resistance to ground.

Do you have a suitable fuse in your power line to to Mount?

I wouldn't plug the EQDir in again until you've done some measurements.

Michael

Are you running Windows 10 by any chance ??

One or more recent Windows updates installed a 'better' (in Microsofts eyes) driver for the FTDI chip in the EQMOD cable which doesnt work - you will need to revert to the old driver and protect it from future updates.

Blinking LED is usually low voltage - the fact that you are using mains power makes no difference - the transformer could be set too low - although rated at 12v it really needs 13.5 - 14v to work reliably.

Archived