NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope help

Hello,

Dear fellows,

I am Talha and I am very new in using telescope unfortunately it seemed that I have damaged my upright prism base of jay and Jiehe cf50080 telescope and I don't know how to open it. I just need some help on how to open the 360• rotate able prism base of my telescope. I hope you will help me like you did before. I will be very thankful to you?

If you damaged the prism, opening it will not repair it... it may be damaged even further!
From the pictures I've seen of the scope, it looks like the housing of the rotable prism is screwed on the drawtube of the focuser.

I assume the rotable part of it is just 'click-locked' to the housing itself, so you will probably need some force to release it, if possible at all...

succes! 
Waldemar

His previous posts indicate that he pointed it at the sun without a full aperture solar filter and the resulting heat has probably damaged the prism.

Talha, did you buy it from a local dealer? Is it possible that they can supply spares or repair advice for this particular telescope? If the prism itself is damaged then you will need a new one which I think probably means replacing the diagonal, if that is possible. Can you take the diagonal off the end of the draw tube (the tube that moves in and out when you turn the focuser knobs)?

13 hours ago, aeajr said:

Is this your telescope?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/jay-and-cf50080-large-aperture-telescopes/229114882.html#s1-0-1b;searl|1365429467

Tell us why you think you damaged it.   What is wrong?

Yes that's it and it was damaged while I positioned it against sun without a solar filter which resulted in melting of plastic and damage of prism base lens 

1 hour ago, Ricochet said:

His previous posts indicate that he pointed it at the sun without a full aperture solar filter and the resulting heat has probably damaged the prism.

Talha, did you buy it from a local dealer? Is it possible that they can supply spares or repair advice for this particular telescope? If the prism itself is damaged then you will need a new one which I think probably means replacing the diagonal, if that is possible. Can you take the diagonal off the end of the draw tube (the tube that moves in and out when you turn the focuser knobs)?

I haven't purchased it from a local dealer the company is of China and I am from Pakistan and I think so that the lens or mirror placed in it is damaged and the rest is almost right the plastic is little bit melted and the lens of prism base is showing a blur image 

None of the photographs of this telescope I have found on the internet suggest that the diagonal is removable from the draw tube. The diagonal body may be part of a single moulding together with the draw tube or is glued into place during assembly. Replacing the damaged diagonal might not be practical either.

Archived