NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

iPhone & Bino earthshine 10th Feb 2016

Stu

I had a quick session with my new to me 20x80 Opticron, Japanese made binos tonight. I have them tripod mounted using a trigger grip ball head which works very well. Lovely views of M42, trapezium split nicely and surprisingly a gentle green tint to the nebula.

Anyway, the crescent moon was also looking lovely with prominent earthshine. There was a fair amount of CA as is to be expected, but still a nice sharp view along the terminator.

Three shots here, all hand held at the binos. I made sure I focused the binos using my glasses first, otherwise the images are obviously out of focus!

First one was exposed for the earthshine, the second is converted to mono to get rid of the CA and the third is exposed for the terminator. All tweaked on the phone using PS Express.

Quite pleased with the results, given the inappropriateness for imaging of the kit used ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived