Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Light Nights

George

Was clear here last night but at 11pm it was still light in the north and with just under 3 weeks b4 the shortest night I'd say observing is now over for me until around August :D

I'm off to Cumbria for a weekend break this Friday but I will be leaving the travelling rig at home this year, even in early June it was twilight all night :D

Roll on Autumn.

As I posted elsewhere, it was pretty good down here (Yeovil) last night.

Admittedly it was after 11, but at least I managed to check everything still works and took a look at a few of M Messier's objects.

Didn't feel much like a June evening though as it was a tad chilly.

Geoff

It is finally clear here so I hope to get some observing done tonight......

The next 6 weeks leaving a fairly limited observing time and from London the sky goes form pale blue to dark blue to orange and then back again

It's clear here in Lincoln at the moment (very warm too) but it's too late to do any scoping as it doesn't get properly dark until after 11 and some of us have to work for a living............... :D . May through to August are a bit of a wash out really, which is a shame as there's some good stuff to be bagged.

It's looking quite nice in Hertfordshire at the moment but like others I have to be up early for work tomorrow so no chance tonight.

Luckily I'm off to a small island in Greece in the next few days with a William Optics Megrez 72 and a good lightweight tripod. No time constrictions and lots of dark areas where I can set up undisturbed.

Are you jealous yet?

It's looking quite nice in Hertfordshire at the moment but like others I have to be up early for work tomorrow so no chance tonight.

Luckily I'm off to a small island in Greece in the next few days with a William Optics Megrez 72 and a good lightweight tripod. No time constrictions and lots of dark areas where I can set up undisturbed.

Are you jealous yet?

Nah, have a good time. Make sure that you have fire insurance on the house.

Lucky me teaches people astronomy so late nights are all part of the job. Even in the lighter summer sky the brighter DSO are all still pretty good. The constellations make a little more sense too as for newbies a fully dark sky is so full of stars the constellations are less distinct.

Don't forget summer is the time Noctilucent clouds.

Scotastro

GAC

Galloway Astronomy Centre

www.gallowayastro.com

Archived