SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

In the Shadow of the Moon

Cloudwatcher

I've been interested in "space" since I was about 8 and was at University in 1969 but have no recollection of the moon landing at all. Most bizarre.

There was quite a bit in the program that I still did not know - the main one being the death of the three people in the fire. Horrible way to die.

The program left me in awe of the bravery of the astronauts and the fragility of Earth of which they spoke.

Thanks again.

Mike

PS Brendan, Neil Armstrong is now renowned for his reclusiveness.

It was wonderful re living those launches, I remember those days very well, I was as excited as anyone on the planet. Heady stuff, I loved every minute of every mission.

Ron.

Thanks for the heads-up on that one CW, great programme, two hours went very quickly. I had never heard the stury about 'buzz' Aldrin 'relieving himself' on the steps of the LLM before he descended before, its amazing what comes out in these documentaries :D

Steve..

Archived