NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece barrel extensions

I have fixed a parfocal ring on an eyepiece to help the setting up the focus of my camera. However when they are both aligned very little of the 1.25" barrel is left extended to fix in the eyepiece holder.

Does anyone know where I can get a 1.25" barrel extension to fix the problem?

Thanks guys. What got me thinking about this again was seeing a video of the Skwatcher self contained guider. Apparantly their kit contains a neat 1.25" extention about 25mm long to extend the reach of the eyepiece barrel and allow the eyepiece to match the focussing position of the camera. I was wondering if anyone else produced or sold a similar item.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A 1.25" eyepiece barrel extension, 1" long is available from TS optics, and sold on amazon for £22!.The same size item is also available at Scopestuff,

at the much more reasonable price of £13 or so, but I do not know how long delivery might be , never having used them.

Hope that helps

Archived