Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 350D self timer light

ultramol

Does anyone know if there is a way of disableing the flashing light that comes on when the self timer is used on a canon 350d. I have looked on the web but cant find anything. Many thanks in advance....Geoff

Mine is a very bright white light that flashes during the time out. I am sure it spoils some of my darks. I have to use it as with my intervalometer I cannot get the mirror lock up and start exposing to work without it...Having said that there is no need to use mirror lock up when doing darks is there. So, I can turn it off and adjust the timer to compensate to keep the darks the same length of time as the subs......Sorted....

It's still a good idea to cover the light for non dark frames.  It's a possible source of light leakage, which could be picked up on the sensor.  So, turning it off would be idea, but covering it up makes for a good second choice.

Modern gadget designers seem to delight in festooing devices with the brightest LEDs they can find. The fact that some of us need to work in the dark escapes them.

As above- a bit of black tape cures the most annoying ones.

The amount of stray light coming from my intervalometer was absurd.....

_DSF0858_1024_zpslqhlau0f.jpg

Archived