Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tracer Batteries on a plane

misterp

Hello,

I want to take my HEQ5Pro mount on holiday. I am wondering if I can take any of the Tracer Lithium batteries, sold by FLO (and others!) on a flight?

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/batteries-powerpacks.html

Also, what AH rating would I need for a nights imaging?  The camera is a DSLR, guide scope needs no power and the laptop battery will last so just the HEQ5pro.

Thanks for your thoughts

Ian

As above you will need to check with the airline you use, they all have subtly different rules as to what capacities they'll allow and at the end of the day if the security people aren't happy whilst going through security it won't matter what the airline says!!. I found last summer that I had to carry my camera lithium batteries in hand luggage, not the hold - the largest I had was a 6Ah Lanparte camera battery, I didn't risk a larger one. There's a capacity (again, check with your airline) above which you won't be allowed near the plane...

Also, you will need to be able to ensure that there's no way it can be short circuited, original packaging helps a treat here, with my camera batteries they were all individually bubble wrapped too..

James

Archived