NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 06/05/2008 Data Rework

Paxo

Got a bit bored with the cloud and the wind, and while waiting for Pheonix land/crash thought I would get some more image processing practice. I have taken data from earlier this month and reprocessed in DSS using a 2x drizzle and further post processing. Definately an improvement over the original.

6300_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Comments welcome. I need to reduce the amount of noice, a lot more subs required.

Steve..

Nice Steve.

Question: what does the 2x drizzle actually DO?

I have tried it but dont know what im looking for. Also whatever other bayer option I have now isnt compatible with it or something?

Cheers

TJ

TJ

The DRIZZLE function can be used to enhance the resolution of a stack of images compared to the resolution of a single image while preserving the characteristics of the image (color, brightness). The image is enlarged 2 or 3 times by 'super' sampling the image before stacking. This results in small detail in the image being re-sampled over a larger range of pixels resulting in more detail in the final image after processing. For it to work however, there must not be perfect alignment in your images to be stacked, a few pixels of drift allows the system to work.

Drizzle responds best when you have a lot of light frames (perhaps 30+).

The main reason for using the drizzle function in these images was that they were cropped during DSS using the custom rectangle, I was using the drizzle function to keep a high level of detail in the image. The downside can be massive images to process

Steve..

I was having another longer look at this image prior to being told that if I didn't come and have my dinner know it would be given to the dog! Well,being an animal lover I had little choice but to obey! :shocked:

Anyhow,the point is that if you make a separate layer,decrease the saturation and use the Dodge Tool on the central area you will see that the 'arms' extend quite a way further out. In fact it begins to look like it's familiar Pinwheel namesake. :cat:

I left the centre section and over brightened the outer to illustrate the extended area but it can be easily blended in. With a bit refining it could be a first rater! :cat:

Just had an 'orrible thought, I hope your not too offended by the liberties taken with your image?

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Fantastic Paxo, like this one a great deal and mesmerised as ever by the Wizard's re-worked image !!

CW don't suppose you fancy doing a tutorial or even some private tuition to we poor beggers that are just scratching the surface of comprehending Photoshop ???? :shocked: Lots of gear and no idea- sounds like it ought to become my motto. :cat:

Karlo

I was having another longer look at this image prior to being told that if I didn't come and have my dinner know it would be given to the dog! Well,being an animal lover I had little choice but to obey! :shocked:

Anyhow,the point is that if you make a separate layer,decrease the saturation and use the Dodge Tool on the central area you will see that the 'arms' extend quite a way further out. In fact it begins to look like it's familiar Pinwheel namesake. :cat:

I left the centre section and over brightened the outer to illustrate the extended area but it can be easily blended in. With a bit refining it could be a first rater! :cat:

Just had an 'orrible thought, I hope your not too offended by the liberties taken with your image?

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Certainly no offence taken CW, I'm always glad to enhance my processing skills, and I am indeed flattered by peoples interest and their replies. Please, keep "taking liberties".

Steve..

Archived