NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm cheesed off with AP- tempted to quit.

A40farinagolf

One thing i like about this hobby is that most things don`t work right out of the box. Overcoming problems and challenges now and then helps you to get to know your equipment and makes you even prouder if you got some good images :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but you can get completely fed up with things just "not working out of the box".

It happens so often now, there really is no reason for it in this day and age. I have been thinking "out of the box" for so long now I'm completely fed up with it. I pay good hard earned money for so called expertise that isn't ! Then have to find a way to make it work or return it for a refund, which I often do do.

It is long past the point where developers should have been given a good kick in the proverbial regions to get their act together.

When we start going elsewhere maybe it will dawn on them, but until there are others out there producing items that "just work" it ain't going to happen.

Derek

Yes but you can get completely fed up with things just "not working out of the box".

It happens so often now, there really is no reason for it in this day and age. I have been thinking "out of the box" for so long now I'm completely fed up with it. I pay good hard earned money for so called expertise that isn't ! Then have to find a way to make it work or return it for a refund, which I often do do.

It is long past the point where developers should have been given a good kick in the proverbial regions to get their act together.

When we start going elsewhere maybe it will dawn on them, but until there are others out there producing items that "just work" it ain't going to happen.

Derek

Derek,

I agree entirely, plug and play should be standard. There shouldn't be a need for individuals and groups out there to develop software packages and languages that help the bits talk to each other. 

If you buy one brand of television and connect it to a different brand of DVD or HDD they talk to each other without the need to go online to download additional software - over simplistic example but it gets a point over.

One thing i like about this hobby is that most things don`t work right out of the box. Overcoming problems and challenges now and then helps you to get to know your equipment and makes you even prouder if you got some good images :)

I think things should work out of the box. I know there are lots of people who are into AP because of the technical challenges but I'm into it to take pictures of the beautiful universe!

Don't tell the manufaturers you like fixing their mistakes, please!!!!

:happy6: lly

I think things should work out of the box. I know there are lots of people who are into AP because of the technical challenges but I'm into it to take pictures of the beautiful universe!

Don't tell the manufaturers you like fixing their mistakes, please!!!!

:happy6: lly

Ohh nice one.! I won't hijack this one but the thread on dismantling an AZ EQ6 GT highlights this remarkably.  Don't go diving in to try and fix stuff. Send it back and get a new one or at least a fix.  In my case I even got the manufacturers test protocol to run so they must know there is an issue.  I did get a replacement though that worked fine. Funny that.  If we all put pressure on then we'll eventually get products that work 'out of the box'.

Archived