NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First try, a complete failure!

JR1987

I bought a genuine toucam off ebay a couple of months ago but only recently bought the adaptor for it to fit the scope... As its starting to become jupiter season again I decided to have a go at imaging it.. (Ive waited a long time for it to come back round since the planet made me fall in love with astronomy this time last year!)

Id only ever tried snapping it with my DSLR as im a (new) deep sky imager. 

Tonight I set everything up and shamefully. After achieving what was focus... all I could get was a bright white disk in the camera.. aswell as moons if i moved the shutter up (im using a program called Macam for Mac) 

I tried putting in the eyepiece and I could only really get a bright disk in that too, early this year I could clearly distinguish the red cloud bands. 

Could this have been down to seeing/treacherous wind conditions etc etc?? 

I was so hoping to get a real image of jupiter tonight, After seeing what people are taking at this time of year, Id love one to call my own!

P.s Im using a Skywatcher explorer 200pds.

Archived