Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkySafari pro 5

Adrian Condon

Hi,

Has anybody loaded Skysafari pro 5 yet?

I run SkySafari pro 4 on my iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro.

I am seriously considering going for the new version as it is meant to be iOS 9 compliant.

While it is not free, it is in my view the best astro app on Apple gear.

Cheers

Adrian

• 4 weeks later...

I just upgraded to SKYSAFARI PRO 5 for phone and pad, V4 on the iMac, Mainly as I'm using the SkyQ WiFi device.

Then I found SkyPortal, which is free, and also integrates with the Starsense for two touch alignment of my mount whereas SkySafari does not 'see', the Starsense so does a two star align. SkyPortal is based on SkySafari 4.

I like Skysafari, easy to use.

Because I have the Starsense and SkyQ, then SkyPortal makes more sense to me, today.

For what I use, the other differences between SkyPortal and SkySafari are minimal, although in SP I do miss the ability to select equipment and see what the FOV will be for lens/ota camera/eyepiece etc.

Solution there is Skysafari on one device (iPad), SkyPortal on another (iphone).... Or both on one device.

Doubt that that helps any :)

Archived