NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

using a dslr with 130p

Likely have the move the mirror up the tube by an inch or two, then recollimate. The focal plane of the mirror is usually too far "in" for the image to fall on the DSLR sensor, so no focused sharp image. If you did move the mirror then you could need a short extension tube as the image is too far "out" for an eyepiece. :BangHead: :BangHead:  Cannot win.

A barlow will cause the image to reform further out so adding a barlow in may enable it, but the image is then bigger and dimmer.

The camera should fit onto the focuser using a normal t-ring. Removing the 2" eyepiece adapter from the focuser should reveal a standard t thread. Be aware though, that that camera might not achieve focus without  some modifications to the telescope. Either, use a barlow lens to move the point a focus outwards, or recollimate the telescope so that the primary mirror is moved closer to the secondary.

Can someone tell me if it possible to use a canon dslr with the Skywatcher 130p? i have all the fittings as i use the camera with my evostar but just wondered if it was posible with the 130p. thanks

I don't know whether it will work with the 130p but the canon certainly works with the 200p, best bet is to just try it, before resorting to more drastic measures.

Tim

Archived