Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Router Password Problem

Further to the Password problem, which has now been resolved, I now have another headache with the setting up of Talk Talk with the router. Has anyone configured a Netgear Router to work with Talk Talk. I really think these people should change their name to numbnumb.

I will proceed, if and when a knowledgable expert responds. :shocked:

Ron. :cat:

I have all the Talk Talk details, and the Router is configured. It connects me to Talk Talk with their message telling me they don't recognise the username and Password which they actually supplied.

They say I should go into the router and type the Username and password into the appropriate boxes, but they are already there. I don't know what they are on about. The Info. is entered into the Router. I know the name and password will need to be changed, but I would have thought that would be done when the connection is completed. If they don't recognise the name and password they supplied, how will they recognise one they didn't supply. It's just crazy. I must be missing something here.

Ron.

This may not solve it, but is this a new internet connection as it is possible that the password and username etc are set up correctly but your account has not been 'enabled' yet.

It can take up to 10 days they say for broadband.

This is obviously not a problem if you have been on this connection for some time.

I've got talktalk broadband and I've just bought a netgear wireless router so your post really cheered me up... :? there is quite a useful talktalk members' forum - not sure of the url but if you google talktalk members forum you'll find it. There are some techies from talktalk on the forum who actually appear to know what they are talking about (unlike the helpline operators who don't even give the appearance of knowing anything...)

ps what model is yours - mine is DG834GT

good luck

I've got talktalk broadband and I've just bought a netgear wireless router so your post really cheered me up... :? there is quite a useful talktalk members' forum - not sure of the url but if you google talktalk members forum you'll find it. There are some techies from talktalk on the forum who actually appear to know what they are talking about (unlike the helpline operators who don't even give the appearance of knowing anything...)

ps what model is yours - mine is DG834GT

good luck

Hi K.

The router I am fighting with, is the DGB834G with DGB11G Wireless.

I am sure it is not the Router that is the problem. It is TalkTalks procedures that are rubbish.

Thanks for the Info, I will try and get some sense off the forum, as I have already had the dubious priviledge of speaking to TT' Help.

Cheers.

Ron.

Archived