NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WoW clear skies

Pig

Are my eyes deceiving me this morning ? I believe I see blue sky and the forecasts agree too... does this mean I can get some solar and night time observing in ? ...... at long last.

The forecast shows a blip for a few hours around 5 ish but other than it seems like a spell of plain sailing .....maybe :laugh:

I managed to get some fairly decent visual in last night but boy was it cold, it took me longer to get the cold weather clothes on than it took to set up :laugh:

Having said that is was worth it Orion was looking brilliant, the SCT really works well with dust clouds on M42, much better than any other. I am still amazed by the views with the Esprit and the Pentax XW's, they really compliment each other, I didn't realise just how varied the colours of stars can be.

Well done getting some views in , Shaun.

I was lucky to catch a view of the Sun with my Quark and 85mm, two nice proms, two decent active regions, and some nice filaments too. The forecast is talking about some clear today but I have to say its track record is patchy at best and it is currently losing to the weather dice. Hope you get a chance today. I've not seen Orion this season yet :shocked:

My back garden / viewing area is such that ice is a very real danger, and with so much water about on the ground with a hard frost on the clear nights I decided to give it a miss this time.  Really would like to get my SCT out sometime soon though.

My back garden / viewing area is such that ice is a very real danger, and with so much water about on the ground with a hard frost on the clear nights I decided to give it a miss this time.  Really would like to get my SCT out sometime soon though.

You do have to be careful a slip can not only be very costly financially but it hurts like heck aswell :laugh:  definitely not worth the risk

Nice views of the moon here tonight, Shaun, 250x mag was decent. I hope the skies save some clear for your long weekend. I just have a drop of sun these days, being a reformed solar addict :angel11:

250 x is just great for the Moon and it has a nice termination to view at the moment :laugh: It is very dark where I am and the Moon looked fantastic even with just the naked eye, let alone a scope.

Yes the warmth of the sun coupled with its ever changing characteristics does make it very engaging :grin:  # 1 for me, by quite a margin.

Archived