Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A SINGLE 20 min. test sub on the Horse Head

Luis Campos

Hi guys,

Just a quick test to say hi to the horsie this season, still a bit soon for me as it doesn't clear the neighboor's roof untill midnight or so :/

Still a couple nights ago I aimed at it and made a single 20 min. sub just to see what's in there...my jaw dropped! Check what a single 20 min. sub in Ha can show smile.gif It was still low and it's not super sharp because of heavy turbulence at this low altitude but...

It's a single callibrated 20 min. sub with the mono Canon 550D with a sensor temperature of around 8Cº

Man, can't wait to give this target a full run!!!!

get.jpg

Hi Luis,

It is nice for a DSLR :smiley: .

Since I've done this target last year with 1200 sec subs, it is nice to have point of comparison!

Here what an uncalibrated, unbloomed shot with a 102 mm refractor at f6.2 and a QSI532WS looks like!

Let's make the good weather dance for the next months :laugh:

Cheers,

paulo

post-2715-0-57928600-1448192756_thumb.jp

Hi Luis,

It is nice for a DSLR :smiley: .

Since I've done this target last year with 1200 sec subs, it is nice to have point of comparison!

Here what an uncalibrated, unbloomed shot with a 102 mm refractor at f6.2 and a QSI532WS looks like!

Let's make the good weather dance for the next months :laugh:

Cheers,

paulo

Hey Paulo,

Hehehe, your QSI is a sensitive beast :) Even with your f/6.2 refractor (about 50% slower then my newt) you still have quite a lot more info.

Well...no luck about the weather for now, raining cats and dogs here, next week seems to be claer but the big'ol moon is here...bah!

Cheers,

Luís

Archived