Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45 - The Pleiades

Brent

Wednesday night was my first time out in 6 weeks due to the atrocious weather.

I initially just wanted to get a chance to test my new Orico USB hub, in the hope that it eradicates the hanging issues I've been having with my 350D.

Everything seemed to play okay, so looking good to go now!

I would have been happy with that but I got an image to boot as well :smiley: (And for the first time, I didn't have to throw any subs away!) 

No darks, no flats and no bias. Mainly due to finishing the run and then stupidly deciding to rotate the camera to get some more data on the Horsehead before taking flats - doh!

I did use an artificial flat though.

It's 28 x 180s, ISO 800, (gear is in my sig.)

Thanks for looking.

post-12649-0-84440200-1447406436_thumb.p

Really nice image. Lots of nebulosity from 180 secs. I am going to have a go at M45 tonight if the weather holds, looks like a 50/50 chance at the moment.

I was looking at trying between 240-480 sec exposures but with the small window of opportunity tonight I may have a crack at 180 secs as you have shown that good detail can be obtained from this length exposure.

Thanks for all your great comments!

To be honest, I was quite surpised to be able to faintly see some nebulosity around Merope and Maia on the subs.

Here's one for reference for any newbies wondering what an individual sub looks like (I know I always appreciated them being posted):

post-12649-0-82728000-1447413572_thumb.p

Archived