Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guiding help.

ultramol

Hi, I am very new to this so please be patient with me....I am going to attempt using PHD2 autoguiding. I have an astroeq interface for my goto and use CdeC as my planetarium software. My question is this, Do I need to do anything in EQMOD when I am using PHD2. or, is EQMOD just the carrier of the ascom drivers and has nothing else to do with the PHD2 setup. I have read up on the net but I am finding things a little confusing at the minute Thanks in advance....Geoff

Very simply put, iIn PHD2 connect to your camera & then your EQMOD mount, then begin looping to find a guide star, then off you go.

there is even a simple setup guide under help.

BTW, if you haven't got it yet there is a newer version available for download that has loads of fixes etc...

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!forum/open-phd-guiding

This is an excellent source of info, Andy and Bruce are really helpful as are others on this site.

Initial calibration will no doubt confound you but if you follow the advice therein you will be guiding very soon!

This forum has some equally good content.

Ray

I have just watched a video on youtube about PHD2 and I think I can get my head around it but the confusing part is what EQMOD has to do with it. Is PHD2 not a stand alone program ?

PHD2 and EQMod both run under Ascom, with EQMod and CdC or Stellarium doing the GoTo's, PHD does the Guiding 

• 1 month later...

The chap on the video said something about changing settings in EQMOD that will populate boxes in PHD2 with the relevant info. Can you set it in PHD2 or will EQMOD override this,

Did you ever find out mate? I'm new to this and finding it hard to pick up :(

Sorry for the delay Daz, my computer has been away for repair. No is the answer. I am knowhere near at the moment but that said I have had little time lately to try anything. Hope after christmas I will get to grips with it.

Sorry for the delay Daz, my computer has been away for repair. No is the answer. I am knowhere near at the moment but that said I have had little time lately to try anything. Hope after christmas I will get to grips with it.

Hey thats cool buddy. Thanks for the reply ;)

Archived