NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR M45, 6+ hours

MartinFransson

I´ve been at it with M45 again. Never happy with this one but I think I´m slowly getting there :) Battling CA and reflexes while trying to pull out faint data..

Canon 1100D (two cameras used, one modded and one stock)

Canon EF 300/4L IS

HEQ5 Pro

Orion Magnificent Mini Autoguider

77*5 min subs

bias and flats, no darks.

Stacked and prestretched in PI, finished in PS.

Thanks for watching!

post-45229-0-68402000-1446898518_thumb.j

For a DSLR, thats pretty good! You seem to have controlled the stars reasonably well too, as they can often run away a bit when youre chasing the outer fluff. The only suggestion I can make is a dash of HLVG, as I'm detecting a very slight whiff of green in there.

For a DSLR, thats pretty good! You seem to have controlled the stars reasonably well too, as they can often run away a bit when youre chasing the outer fluff. The only suggestion I can make is a dash of HLVG, as I'm detecting a very slight whiff of green in there.

Thanks! I did run HLVG but I might have made a round of Selective Colour after that. Sometimes it brings the green back in :)

Nice. You have good extended nebulosity there in a well flattened field.

Olly

Thanks Olly! Yes, the field is flat enough but the lens suffers from some CA and the occasional reflexes. That's why I'm drooling over triplet refractors despite having no money for it :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Archived