NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Wedge... Issue?

Hi Guys

Being thouroughly diapointed by having to pull out of Galloways Star Party next week i thought i'd cheer myself up and bought myself a Skywatcher Star Adventurer. Got the whole bundle and i have noticed that the Saddle on the wedge that the mount attaches to isn't square to the wedge.

Does it matter? Am i right in thinking that once i polar align the mount that it won't make any difference?

post-9689-0-47293000-1446720237_thumb.jp

Hi Alan, shouldn't worry about it, mine leans the other way, just make sure the two bolts are tight, mine were slightly loose.

Great piece of kit so you should have lot's of fun when it stops raining.

Shame about Galloway, tried to persuade my other half to go but she's still complaining about being dragged to Sixpenny Handley  :grin:

Dave

Cheers guys

I emailed Steve shortly after posting and hes already been in touch, hes going to check with the supplier and let me know.

Shame really becuase its a beautifully engineered piece of kit, looking foraward to giving it a go.

Archived