Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Regrinding/Resurfacing Skywatcher 130p mirror

It's a sentimental thing. My wife bought me the scope for my birthday a few years ago and it was my first scope. Unfortunately the secondary fell on the primary in a collimation accident. The secondary was chipped and the primary probably got a scratch or two. I've also cleaned it in the past and I probably did that wrong too.

Basically the poor scope was a victim of my learning curve.

It would be nice to at least repair the primary if possible, and if reground and silvered it may be possible to make it higher quality than the original.

John Nichol  www.nicholoptical.co.uk/ might be worth a try. He's a really superb guy. If there's just a small chip on the mirrors then just add a dab of black paint to the area concerned. It won't make a jot of visible difference. Tiny scracthes also make little difference if truth be known. They matter more emotionally than visually.

Archived