NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Observatory Panoramas

laser_jock99

Inspired by this thread I made a full panorama image from just behind my observatory in daylight (the night time version is going to take a lot more work!)

OBSERVATORY%20PANORAMA_CROP_TITLES_zpsj3

Full size version here:

http://astrob.in/full/223179/0/

In the East I have trimmed down some of the taller pines to get a better view (although this direction has some limited light pollution). The darkest skies are South & West.

Slightly South of West you catch a glimpse of the neighbours house through the trees and North of West there is a electricty pole (+wires) that can be annoying in widefield shots.

Northern horizon is largely obscured up to 25 degrees by a big hill. At the top of this field is fence line behind which there is a single track road, luckily with little or no traffic at night (can you spot the group of eight pheasants in this field!). The wind turbine is another neighbouring property.

Any more obsy panoramas?

Archived