SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 after a long break

lensman57

Hi to all,

I have not been doing any imaging for quite a while. Bad health and job related problems. This data was gathered on the night of 1st Oct and was just sitting around on the hard disk. I was not going to process it but since I do not have anything else to show I went ahead and processed the data today starting at 2pm. Man it is easy to forget everything even after a couple of months.

The image is an HDR combine of 18 X 600s and 13 X 120s with the appropriate calibration frames applied. The 120s data has had minimal processing as it was only meant to protect the core but the processing of the combined data before revealing the core has been extensive. There is a little tilt to the plane of the sensor showing in the far left stars but it is not too bad and I need to correct the rotator for this when I get my enthusiasm up.

18 X 600s + 13 X 120s , Ditthered data at max value  in APT. Modded Canon 1100d, Astronomik Clip Filter, WO Star 71, HEQ5 Pro. Stacked and processed in PI and tweaked in PS.

Thanks for looking,

Kind Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-92939400-1445813811_thumb.p

Archived